Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Honey-Dijon Chicken

I’ve loved to cook since I was a kid. Once I progressed beyond Kraft Macaroni & Cheese, this was the first meal that I learned to prepare on my own. My brother and sister used to request “my chicken” on nights that I would babysit. The original version took help from Campbell’sKitchen, but it’s evolved over the years to something that suits my adult taste.

3-4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in ½ 
2 Tbs. olive oil
2 cans Campbell’s Healthy Choice Cream of Chicken soup
¼ c. milk
¼ c. light sour cream
3 Tbs. honey
3 Tbs. Dijon mustard
Salt & pepper to taste
Optional: Crushed peanuts

Season chicken with salt and lemon pepper to taste. In a large pan, brown chicken in olive oil. Meanwhile, combine soup, milk, sour cream, honey, mustard, and salt/pepper in a medium bowl. Once chicken is browned, add soup mixture to the pan; cover and simmer for 20 minutes. Serve chicken with sauce over steamed rice. For an extra crunch, top with crushed peanuts.


No comments:

Post a Comment