Pages

Friday, October 14, 2011

Baked Pork Chops

I wanted to try something new the other night for dinner. We don't eat a ton of  pork so I decided to get some pork chops and hope for the best. I adapted a recipe I found at www.allrecipes.com and I was really pleased. The pork had a lot of taste, was tender and juicy.

4-6 boneless pork chops
4 cups of potatoes sliced thin
carrots (optional)
1 1/4 cup of milk
1 can cream of mushroom soup
salt
pepper
garlic powder

Season the chops with salt, pepper and garlic powder. In a skillet, cook the chops til both sides are brown. Slice the potatoes thinly and layer them in a baking dish. if you want to add carrot too layer those in with the potatoes. I put some olive oil on my potatoes so they don't stick. Layer the browned chops on top of the potatoes. Mix the milk and soup together in the skillet and then pour over the chops and potatoes. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes covered and thirty minutes uncovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment