Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Cajun Pumpkin Seeds

There are two main things I love about pumpkin carving: 1) Digging the goop out of the inside (I don’t know why I take such perverse pleasure in this! I’m like a little kid playing in the mud); and 2) Eating yummy pumpkin seeds. This year, I tried something new for the seasoning on my seeds and it was a hit! The seeds had just the right amount of flavor and crunch.

2 cups pumpkin seeds (I used the seeds from two medium-sized pumpkins) 
3 T butter, melted
1 tsp Cajun seasoning
¼ tsp garlic powder
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl, stirring well to coat; pour out evenly onto a lightly sprayed baking sheet. Bake at 300 degrees for 30 minutes, stirring every 5 minutes. Reduce heat to 275 degrees and cook 30 minutes more, continuing to stir. Let cool before serving. 


No comments:

Post a Comment