Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Teaching Using Podcasts

In my graduate class that I am taking online we had an assignment where we had to complete a podcast and share with the class. At first I thought it was a video podcast but then when I went to do the assignment I realized it was a phone cast.  This is a great tool to use in the classroom in a variety of ways.

Ipadio.com!!!!

With a phone cast you can:
~ update your channel daily with class announcements
~ record directions for group or independent work
~ record stories that your students may be reading for a listening center
~ record announcements to play for the school in the morning
~ have students explain vocabulary terms, math problems, science concepts for absent students

The possibilities are endless. You simple register your phone with the site and start recording.  How would you use a phone cast in your classroom?

No comments:

Post a Comment