Pages

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Paula Dean's Slow-Cooked Roast with Herb Sauce

I love me some Paula Dean. Not only are her recipes attainable and delicious, I just can’t get enough of her vibrant personality and familial affection. This Christmas was the first that we’d ever been away from family, and therefore, the first Christmas dinner I’d ever prepared on my own. (Usually I get Thanksgiving) My husband and I caught one of Paula’s Christmas episodes and decided to try out this roast for our family. We modified a bit for portions and taste, but kept the heart of Ms. Dean’s moist, tasty beef.

Herb Sauce: 
½ cup sour cream
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp Dijon mustard
½ tsp sugar

Roast:
1 cup beef broth
2 tsp rosemary
2 tsp salt
2 tsp pepper
2-lb. top loin roast, trimmed
3 T olive oil

In a small bowl, combine ingredients for herb sauce. Cover and refrigerate overnight.

Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Pour beef broth into the bottom of a roasting pan. Spray rack with cooking spray and place atop the roasting pan.

In a small bowl, combine rosemary, salt, and pepper; rub evenly over the roast, completely covering.

Preheat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the roast and brown on each side, about 2-3 minutes per side. Place the roast on the pan rack and cover securely with foil. Bake 45 minutes - 1 ½ hours (depending on the size and thickness of the roast), until the internal temperature reaches 125 degrees.

Remove from the oven and let stand 20 minutes before slicing. Serve with herb sauce.

*Recipe modified from Food Network


No comments:

Post a Comment