Pages

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Christmas Star

In my quest to explore my craftier side I have discovered that I am not much of a seamstress, but I can hot glue with the best of them. This craft was easy enough for a novice and beautiful enough to hang on my door for the holidays. There’s nothing like Christmas to get you in the mood to craft!


1 styrofoam star
Coordinating yarn, ribbon, or rope
2 pieces coordinating scrapbook paper, holiday themed
Hot glue gun
Holiday buttons

Trace and cut one color of scrapbook paper to fit star face; attach using hot glue. Attach a looped piece of ribbon to the top of one star point (this will be used to hang the star). Use the coordinating paper to cover the edges of the star (covering the ribbon ends) and attach with hot glue. Arrange buttons to cover star face in desired pattern. Attach with hot glue. Let dry completely before hanging. 





No comments:

Post a Comment