Pages

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Brown Sugar Pie

So I was doing some pinning the other day (surprise, surprise) when I came across this recipe for a Southern-style pie. I decided to give it a shot. The rich, custardy concoction reminded me a lot of pecan pie, minus the pecans (which is how I eat mine anyway!) and led me to 2 conclusions: 1) The world is a better place with this pie in it; and 2) If I keep having such success with experimental baked goods I’m going to have to stop referring to myself as a non-baker.
  
3 cups brown sugar 
1 T flour
½ tsp salt
½ cup butter, melted and slightly cooled
3 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup milk
2 regular 9-inch pie crusts

Prepare pie crusts per package directions (or make your own). Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
In a large bowl, combine brown sugar, flour, and salt, breaking up any clumps. In a separate bowl, mix together melted butter, eggs, vanilla, and milk. Slowly pour egg mixture into sugar mixture while blending with a handheld mixer; mix until well combined. Pour into pie crusts and place onto a cookie sheet. Bake for about 30-45 minutes until center is mostly solidified. Let cool before slicing.



*Recipe from A Southern Grace


No comments:

Post a Comment