Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Yarn Wreath

I’m just now starting to explore my craftier side thanks to my crafty friends and Pinterest. This yarn wreath was simple enough not to be intimidating and makes a beautiful embellishment for any season.


You’ll need: a foam wreath base, yarn (I used multi-color yarn), a hot glue gun, and embellishments. You may also want twine or ribbon to hang your wreath, though additional yarn would work just fine. I found all of my supplies at Hobby Lobby.


 To begin, use hot glue to secure the beginning of the yarn and begin wrapping around the wreath, pushing the yarn close together so that you can no longer see the white base.


 Keep wrapping. (Hint: If you decide not to complete your yarn wrapping in one sitting – I recommend breaks!– when you come to a stopping point, simply snip the yarn and glue it down. Then restart by gluing the end where you left off. This prevents unraveling.)


When the yarn completely covers the wreath base, securely glue down the end.



Play with the embellishments to decide on a layout; then use hot glue to secure to the wreath.



Allow your wreath to dry and hang with extra yarn, twine, or ribbon. 





No comments:

Post a Comment