Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Word Canvas Art

One idea that I found on Pinterest that I really loved was covering a canvas with white paint and then putting wooden letters on it to either create a saying, wedding date or words. I decided that I wanted to create one for our living room. I purchased a canvas from Hobby Lobby for 30% off, some white paint, and cardboard letters. The only other supplies that were needed for this project were hot glue and a paint brush. First, I painted the canvas white. The canvas came white but I wanted it to be the same white as the cardboard letters were going to be so that they matched. Then, I painted the cardboard letters and gave them enough coats so that they were completely white. After everything was dry, I used hot glue to glue the letters in the center of the canvas. This was a very simple project and I plan on making one for each room in my house in the future. 






n

1 comment:

  1. Love this idea and can't wait to do it for myself once I move!

    ReplyDelete