Pages

Friday, September 16, 2011

Mom's Chicken and Dumplings

Recently all I have wanted to eat is food that I ate when I was little. One of my favorite meals was my mom's chicken and dumplings. It is so good and so easy to make!



2 chicken breasts
1 package chicken stock seasoning or bouillon cube
Salt and pepper to taste
1 can chicken broth
Frozen mixed veggies (optional)

2 cups Bisquick
2/3 cup milk

Boiling the chicken in a stock pot with salt, pepper and stock seasoning. I used boneless chicken breasts and boiled the chicken for about 17 minutes. Remove the chicken from the pot and turn down the heat on the stock pot. In a bowl, mix together the Bisquick and milk until sticky dough forms. Add the can of broth to the stock pot and return to a boil. Once the stock is boiling, drop the dough by spoonfuls into the stock. Simmer for ten minutes uncovered and ten minutes covered. Add frozen mixed veggies if desired. Serves 2.

No comments:

Post a Comment