Pages

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Artichoke Chicken in a White Wine Sauce

I've been trying to experiment more in the kitchen lately and try my own recipes. Usually, I start with a recipe and then make my own little changes to it. This week, I have been using whatever I can find in the cupboard and making it into a dinner. The other night, I tried this artichoke chicken with white wine sauce. It turned out so great, that I wanted to share it with you. We served the chicken with the same wine that was used in the recipe. This meal would be great for a date night in or for a special occasion.

2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
2 tsp dried basil
2 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp salt
1.4 tsp pepper
1/2 cup flour
2 tsp capers
1 can artichoke hearts, drained & chopped
1/2 cup white wine, divided
1.2 cup chicken broth
1 cup pearl coucous, cooked according to package directions
Dried Parsley

1. Combine flour and spices in a shallow pie pan. Add cut up chicken and toss with fork until evenly coated.

2. In a medium size pan, add a small amount of olive oil and chicken. Cook on medium-low for 10 minutes per side until chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Once browned, add 1/4 cup white wine and simmer for 5 minutes.

3. Meanwhile, in additional pan, add chopped artichoke hearts and capers. Heat on low until tender.

4. Combine chicken broth and remaining white wine. Slowly add to artichoke mixture and simmer. Once chicken is cooked, add chicken to pan. Simmer for 5 minutes. Serve over coucous and sprinkle with dried parsley.

No comments:

Post a Comment