Pages

Monday, September 5, 2011

Chocolate Chip Waffle Cookies

I have never been much of a baker. I think maybe I don’t have the patience for precise measurements and feel stifled in terms of experimentation. (Although my baking friends assure me there is plenty of room for creativity) When I came across this recipe for cookies made on a waffle iron, I just couldn’t help myself. While I did stick to the measurements, I was also able to add a bit of my own flare and I created something totally unique (and delicious!).

½ cup packed brown sugar 
¼ cup sugar
½ cup butter, melted
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup plus 2 Tbs. all-purpose flour
½ tsp. salt
¼ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. cinnamon
½ cup flaked coconut
½ cup semisweet chocolate chips

In a large bowl combine sugars, butter, egg, and vanilla. Separately, combine flour, salt, baking soda, and cinnamon, and then gradually mix into the sugar mixture with an electric mixer. Stir in the coconut and chocolate chips.

Preheat electric waffle iron and coat with cooking spray. Drop batter by the teaspoonful, about 1 in. apart. Bake 1-3 minutes, until golden brown. (Many waffle irons will signal when they are cooked) Carefully remove and cool completely.

*Original recipe from Simple & Delicious magazine


No comments:

Post a Comment