Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Reading Strategies, Genre and Theme Posters

Some of you may know that I used to teach Language Arts. I am pretty sure I was born to teach it and I miss it terribly. I love going into classrooms and catching a few seconds of reading instruction. I love all of the posters in the rooms, the discussions, the adventures, the picking apart of each little element of the stories. In my travels I have found some excellent resources that I want to share with you.

Beanie Baby Strategies
This site is elementary based and uses Beanie Babies to teach word attack skills and reading comprehension skills. Posters have already been created.

Genres
This site provides genre posters, genre at a glace sheet, genre cards, genre graphs etc to use in the classroom.

Theme
This is the same site as the genre posters and it provides examples and descriptions of common literary themes. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the link that says "Click Here for Old Theme Posters"

No comments:

Post a Comment