Pages

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Homemade Scarf Hanger


Are you ready for Fall? I am ready for the weather to change. I am also ready for jeans, sweatshirts, apple cider, pumpkins, weekend football games, and wearing scarves. I absolutely love scarves. Scarves are the one thing that I always had trouble trying to find inside my closet. They are hard to organize if you don't have the right system in place. For a while, my scarf pile was in the need for some serious organization.


This is what my scarf mess looked like before:
Just a basket full of scarves.. where is the one that I wanted to wear today? Somewhere in this mess. 


In order to declutter and try and make space and sense of my closet, I decided to make a scarf hanger using a hanger or two, depending on the amount of scarves, shower curtain hooks, and some hot glue or super glue. We happened to buy some extra shower curtain hooks when we moved here so I already had them on hand. 


Hot glue or super glue the shower curtain rings into place. Then, put some scarves on there and you end up with this!



Much better organization! How do you organize your scarves?


1 comment:

  1. Just did this. Works great! I used 24 rings (2 packages). Would probably be even better with a nonslip hanger. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete