Pages

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups

Growing up, I was never much of a chocolate person and am still not. I would much rather have gummy candy (Swedish Fish) than a candy bar. I do however, love Reese Peanut Butter Cups! I used to love watching the commercials (during the 90's) for peanut butter cups and trying to eat them all different ways because "There's no wrong way to eat a Reese!" When I saw this recipe for homemade peanut butter cups, I just had to try them. I wasn't sure how close they were going to taste to Reese but I was pleasantly surprised at their flavor and how much they taste like the real thing. If you are a Reese Peanut Butter Cup lover, you have got to make these!

Homemade Peanut Butter Cups (Makes 24)
1 cup peanut butter 
1/2 cup powered sugar 
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 
Pinch of salt 
1/2 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/2 bag milk chocolate chips

1. Line 24 mini muffin tins with liners. Set aside. 

2. In a mixing bowl, combine peanut butter, powered sugar, vanilla and salt in bowl until combined. Chill in refrigerator.

3.  In a microwave-safe bowl, melt chocolate chips until smooth and shiny. Drop teaspoons of melted chocolate into paper liners. Using a teaspoon, push the melted chocolate onto the sides of the paper liners, until covered. Chill until firm.

4. Remove from refrigerator. Top firm chocolate with peanut butter, smoothly down with finger to make flat. Top with remaining chocolate. Chill until set.


Recipe from Handle the Heat


No comments:

Post a Comment