Pages

Monday, July 9, 2012

Lobster Bisque


I have recently become a New Englander. Since I was raised in the Southern Belle mindset, I must admit that I feel like a bit of a foreigner. Fortunately, I’ve brought with me a healthy love for seafood, which seems to fit in just fine. This week, I conquered a rich and creamy New England favorite: lobster bisque.

2 T olive oil 
2 T shallots, minced
2 T green onions, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp dried thyme
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
¼ cup white wine
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
3 tsp hot sauce
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup seafood stock
4 oz tomato paste
2 bay leaves
2 cups heavy cream
4 T butter
½ lb lobster meat, cut into chunks

In a large pot, sauté shallots, garlic, and onions in oil over medium-high heat for approximately 1 minute. Stir in thyme, paprika, and salt, then deglaze with the white wine. Add the Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, and vanilla, stirring well with each addition. Add seafood stock, tomato paste, and bay leaves. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 10 minutes. Whisk in cream and butter and bring to a boil. Use an immersion blender to blend until smooth. Add lobster meat and simmer for 5 additional minutes. Serve with bread for dipping.

*Adapted from food.com


No comments:

Post a Comment