Pages

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Sweet & Savory Broccoli Salad

I am a pretty picky eater as an adult, but I was even more finicky as a kid. Vegetables and I simply did not get along – especially those of the green variety. Broccoli was one of the worst offenders…until I tried this salad. This recipe made me fall in love with broccoli and it is as simple as it is delicious – I could eat this by the bucket. Maybe even by the trough.

2 heads broccoli, chopped 
½ cup poppyseed salad dressing (I recommend Brianna’s)
¼ cup golden raisins
¼ cup real bacon bits
1/8 cup red onion, diced

Chop broccoli and mix with dressing in a large bowl. Stir in raisins, bacon bits, and onion. Cover and refrigerate at least an hour. Serve cold.

Note: This salad can be served immediately, but is best after sitting for at least an hour to allow the flavors to combine.


No comments:

Post a Comment