Pages

Friday, March 16, 2012

2 Quick and Easy Smoothies!

Recently my pregnancy cravings have left me wanting smoothies and I am not sure why. Luckily, happened to have some ingredients around to make two different frozen treats!

Banana Chocolate Peanut Butter Smoothie


1 ripe frozen or fresh banana
2 tbsp peanut butter
2 tbsp cocoa powder (next time I will try chocolate syrup...see below)
1/2 cup of milk (I used skim)
1/2 cup Greek yogurt (I used vanilla flavored)
Handful of ice

Makes one smoothie.

Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.  Note: I used the cocoa powder and thought the smoothie was a bit gritty so next time I am going to try chocolate syrup. You can also replace the cocoa powder with protein powder.

Adapted from Make and Takes.


Fruity Smoothie

1/4 to 1/2 cup of fruit juice (I used cranberry apple)
1/4 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup of frozen strawberries
1 ripe banana (fresh or frozen)
1/2 cup of Greek yogurt
Optional: 1-2 tbsp of honey

Place juice then the rest of the ingredients in a blender and then blend until smooth.  Makes one smoothie.








No comments:

Post a Comment