Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

White Chicken Chili

Ever since moving, I tend to go to the grocery store once maybe twice a week. I usually like grocery shopping but here, you really have to plan when you are going to go. It seems like most of the time there are a lot of people at the store and it's hard to navigate your cart around everyone else. Plus, I am not 100% accustomed to the store yet so sometimes I have to really look for what I want which can also be difficult in a crowded store. This week, I have yet to get to the store. I did run into a Walmart Marketplace last night on the way home from renting Life as we know it but only picked up enough for last nights dinner. Luckily, I had some frozen chicken in the freezer and enough ingredients in the pantry to whip up this quick, easy, and tasty soup. I am not sure if someone has been paying my husband lately to say the food is the best he has ever had but tonight again, he said it was the best soup that I have ever made.

2 cooked medium chicken breasts, cubed
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 tsp. olive oil
32 oz. chicken broth
2 15 1/2 oz. cans Great Northern Beans, rinsed
1 can Rotel w/ green chilies
1 tsp. dried oregano
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. dried cilantro
Salt & pepper, to taste
1/2 cup low fat sour cream
Mexican cheese (for topping)


1. In a large pot, saute onions with olive oil until tender.

2. Add beans, Rotel, oregano, cumin, cilantro, salt & pepper. Bring to a boil then simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.

3. Add chicken and heat until chicken is warm.

4. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream. Dish into bowls and top with Mexican cheese.



No comments:

Post a Comment