Pages

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

DIY Glass Etching

A friend of mine told me how she had made some personalized gifts for her husband using glass etching. After she told me about it, I looked it up online and found out how easy it was so I decided to give it a try. The glass etching product was slightly expensive but luckily with a 40% off coupon, it wasn't so bad. I am very happy with the way this turned out and hope to do it to our whole wine glass collection. 

Supplies:

Wine Glass or other glass object
Glass Etching Cream (Armor Etch)
Contact Paper stencil
Foam Brush

1. If you have craft cutter, you can cut out your image or design onto contact paper or you will have to create your own design on contact paper using an exacto knife.

2. Apply contact paper stencil to wine glass. You will want to make sure that there are no air bubbles so that the glass etching doesn't seep through. As you can see from my picture, I had a bit of trouble getting the contact paper to stick to the wine glass exactly how I wanted it to. Luckily, I was able to get the contact paper pressed down enough so that the glass etching didn't seep out.



 3. Apply a thick layer of glass etching onto stencil according to Armor Etch instructions. You want to make sure that you only get the glass etching where you want it as it is permanent and you will not be able to remove it.


4. Allow to sit for 5-10 minutes. Wash off with  water and remove stencil. Rewash with soap and water.

5. Enjoy your newly etched wine glass!


No comments:

Post a Comment