Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins

The craziness of the Holiday's is finally over and I am back and ready to get cooking, baking, and crafting. For Christmas, my husband got me a Kitchen-aid Stand Mixer, which is something that I have always wanted. But with going home for the holidays and helping my brother move and visiting Kim, I didn't have a chance to use it until today. I decided to whip up a batch of lemon poppy seed muffins.

2 cups flour
2 tablespoons poppy seeds
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 5.3 oz. container of vanilla Greek yogurt
2 eggs
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tsp. vanilla extract


1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Prepare muffin tin with paper liners. In mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time, mixing in completely. Add vanilla extract, and lemon zest. In additional mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt). While mixing, add in 1/2 of dry ingrediants followed by half of yogurt; repeat. Mix until incorporated.

2. Fill muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool in pan 10 minutes before moving to baking rack.

Recipe from Annie's Eats


No comments:

Post a Comment