Pages

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Homemade Valentine's Day Gummy Candy

I could literally eat a bag of gummy bears everyday. Gummy candies are definitely my candy of choice so when I saw a recipe for homemade gummy candy on Pinterest, I just had to go out and make them! I themed mine for Valentine's Day but you could do any flavor in any Wilton candy mold!

1 6oz package flavored jello, any flavor (I used Cherry)
3 packets gelatin (There are 4 packets of gelatin in 1 box)
2/3 cup water
Wilton candy molds

1. Add water to medium saucepan. Pour in jello and gelatin and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes.

2. Heat saucepan to boiling, stirring constantly until jello and gelatin are dissolved. (Around 3 to 5 minutes)

3. Transfer mixture to pourable container.

4. Pour mixture into candy molds. (I filled three candy molds plus 1 heart cavity from one of my cake pans. I would recommend having 4 candy molds.) Let sit for 30 minutes.

5. Use finger to peel candies out of mold and place onto parchment paper. The candies will be sticky but will become less sticky over time, if they last that long.

6. Store in a tight container.

** If I was making this recipe again, I would change a few things! They turned out yummy the first time but I am sure that I can make them even better! I would do between 1/2-2/3 cup water or even try using fruit juice that would match up with the jello flavor. I would also think about doing another packet of gelatin to make the gummies a little bit gummier. ** 

Recipe from Just Another Day in Paradise





No comments:

Post a Comment