1 lb. chicken breasts
1/2 medium onion, chopped
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 25oz jar Organic tomato sauce
3 Roma tomatoes, chopped
1 cup quinoa, uncooked
2 cups water
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and prepare 9 by 9 baking dish. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Cook chicken in skillet on medium low in olive oil until chicken is no longer pink.Remove chicken from pan and cut into small strips
2. Add onions to skillet and saute until tender. Add in balsamic vinegar and cook until liquid is absorbed. Stir in tomato sauce and chopped tomatoes. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium-low.
3. Meanwhile, boil 2 cups of water in a small saucepan. Add quinoa and cook covered 12-15 minutes until all liquid is absorbed.
4. Combine chicken, quinoa, and tomato sauce mixture. Add 1/2 of mixture to prepared baking dish. Top with 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese. Cover with remaining quinoa mixture and top with remaining cheese.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is melted and dish is heated through.
Recipe adapted from Prevention RD